Friday 23 May 2014

Another cracking session..

Another night of superb conditions saw me once again hit the coast in search of silver. Sea's were forecast moderate although at times it was pretty rough leaving me at the mercy of some pretty unpredictable waves which definitely kept me alert during the evening. A few hasty retreats were made during the session and I admit I was served on a few occasions but waders and jacket kept me mostly dry, apart from my face which the sea seemed quite adept at targeting perfectly whilst whispering "remember who's the boss little man"!. Don't worry seas, I most definitely do! 

Taking one’s life in ones hands was a small price to pay as whilst being kept on my toes by the swell, the bass were busily on the feed and smashing my lures with real aggression. One of which I was sure was going to be huge and refused to surface for a good few minutes giving me the run around of a lifetime. When it finally came to the top I could see it was a good 3-4lb, a good fish but before I had seen it I would have said it was going to be double that.

During the evening I landed 7 bass, lost a couple, and there was also mackerel, pollock and wrasse as by-catch for my efforts. Focussing my sessions solely on bass is relatively new to me but something I'm really enjoying and with the right preparation it is some seriously rewarding fishing. 

I'll leave you with some photos of the fish, thanks for reading as always!











No comments:

Post a Comment